Frequently Asked Questions
- Why should I trust Lifeboat Shipping with my items?
- Why do I need a package forwarding service?
- What is form 1583? Do I need to fill that out?
- How do I fill out and submit the 1583 form?
- How long can I keep packages in my account?
- What are the limitations of a Basic Account?
- The shopping cart isn't showing me the shipping options I want. What do I do?
- Why don't I see DHL rates in my shopping cart?
- Can I use my own shipping labels or use third party shipping accounts?
- Can I store packages with you and use a freight service to ship them out?
Lifeboat has been in business since 2003, for more than 10 years now. The company began as a platform to sell limited edition move merchandise, and did so for 11 years, doing business as Secret Compass. Along the way, Secret Compass became...
There are several reasons why you might want to use package forwarding. The main reason is that many US online stores will not ship overseas.
As a registered commercial mail receiving agency (CMRA), we are legally required by the United States Postal Service (USPS) to provide and retain copies of your Form 1583. This form needs to be notarized and sent to us at the mailing address located
It's easy! This form looks confusing but it is not. Just follow our simple instructions.
As long as you are regularly shipping from your Lifeboat account, you can keep packages in the Lifeboat warehouse as long as you want.
With the basic account you are limited to 16 cubic feet of space. If you need more space, there are options for you...
Depending on the dimensions of your package, some shipping options may not show in the shopping cart. Please contact us for additional options.
DHL requires that the maximum length for the "state" portion is 10 characters. If you type in the first 10 letters of your state and leave it at that, you can use DHL, and your package will arrive just fine!
No, we do not support this. You must ship using the Lifeboatshipping.com checkout process.
You can do this, but monthly storage fees are higher and you will need to pay for labor and administration time to set up your freight shipment.